Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Msn Popup

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

not2handy

not2handy

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have MSN and lately, when ever I log off, a new window pops up and asks to dial up MSN again. This happens every few seconds and is very annoying. Any idea how to get rid of it?

Thanks guys!

Edited by not2handy, 01 November 2003 - 04:47 PM.

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
msn messager or msn isp what one keeps poping up ? IN msn messager click tools then options and uncheck allow automatic sign in when connected to the internet.. In msn isp in help & setting click internet options then click automatic sign in in there make sure both are uncheck the click save changes. if this does not fix it or does please reply here and if it don't fix it I will look into it more for you
thank you

not2handy

not2handy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks! That seemed to do it. A friend of mine also suggested that I might have a program that could be causing it (spyware?). I searched a little, but what's the best way to check for that?

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
I need to know what OS your running and are you running any virus programs to help you out more on your spyware ? thank you

not2handy

not2handy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks again for your help Tazz. It's a Dell with Windows XP Home, and Mcaffee antivirus. <_<

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Hi not2handy,

You can also find some good spyware removal tools on our site here.

I really need to put together a more comprehensive article on Spyware removal. Look for it soon... <_<

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Adim
gave you a good site I would use one of the spyware tools there .
mcafee is good just make sure to do your updates I use norton and I do my updates with the auto ckeck set at once a week .
I'm glad I could help you Your welcome. <_<