Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft update for Aug 2005

• Please log in to reply

Caine

Caine

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
I followed the links provided by Chachazz at the following link:
http://www.geekstogo...005-t52742.html

Problem is however, that one of the critical updates titled "Microsoft Security Bulletin MS05-038" which is at this link: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (896727) is not available for the following versions:
"Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 on Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 or on Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1"

The following error message appears

The download you requested is unavailable. If you continue to see this message when trying to access this download, go to the "Search for a Download" area on the Download Center home page.

I visited the download centre, and it hasn't heard of 896727 apparently!?!?!!! :tazz:

I haven't checked if the dl is available for other platforms, I would just like to know if anyone else with these platforms are having the same problem?

Advertisements

Caine

Caine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Nevermind the first post. I gave it a few hours, and the download is now available. ;) Must have been overloaded with requests what with it just being released or something.

The forces can stand down... disaster averted! :tazz:

If a mod happens upon this could you mark it as resolved please?