Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

intalling XP on Hidden partition

• Please log in to reply

Sophism

Sophism

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I vave partitioned a single drive into additional FAT32 partition to load XP Pro. C [Primary] drive already has W98SE as OS. D is [Logical} DATA partition the new partition is (H)idden [Primary] so apparently unable to load XP. There is an option to have both C & H as visible but 98 objects saying "2 primary partitions are not supported and could loose data" Is it safe to ignore the prompt? How do I get XP onto the H Partition. Can I do it via Windows? Do I have to use DOS if so how? Any help greatfully received!!!

Advertisements

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
boot your PC form the XP CD and chose the H drive as your destination. The machine will format the drive automatically and give you the option to chose either FAT32 or NTFS its up to you which one you select and depending on the size of the partition.
Everything else should be automated.