Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PS2 and XBOX

• Please log in to reply

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Dear Guys,
Yesterday me and my friend had a 'debate' on what's better! I was going for PS2 coz I got that and he went for XBOX coz hes got that! To tell you the truth we had a vote for all the year Seven's in our school!! 154 voted for PS2 and 135 for XBOX!!I just wanted to know what you think and why?
Regards RockyIV

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Playstation, better games, samller console, idiot proof and the best controller ever.

jonjuk

jonjuk

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Xbox.

Xbox Live - Loads of fun, taking down people on Burnout 3? What's more fun than that? Halo 2, you and 3 mates all shooting the poopy out of everyone else :tazz:

It's not the console that "everyone's got" so it's something different.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You know alot of people have xbox now so the whole "cause its different" thing doesnt work anymore ,of all the people i know its half and half alot have both cause xbox is so cheap now.

Metalive

Metalive

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Well, from a hardware/technical standpoint, the Xbox blows the PS2 out of the water.

But when going with a console, I find that the games are what's important. This is also why I go with Xbox again... PS2 is mainly an RPG base, while Xbox is more action oriented. I dabble in RPG's, but my main love is FPS and the like. Plus, alot the PC titles I always wanted to play before I had built my computer, got ported or developed for the Xbox at the same time.

Not too mention Xbox LIVE ruins PS2's online network.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I have yet to play a rpg for ps2 and there are two ps2s in the house(wee bro and sis cant share) its all fps and sport games and that bloomin sims game my little sister plays, if any game can wast a HDD it is the sims took ages to fix that pc, a good thing about consoles nothing to fix as it rarely goes wrong.

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
XBOX WINS

I have a PS2 and a XBOX.

I Like them both for different reasons.

I like the PS2 for the classic Game titles like resident evil and the controllers are smaller

I like the XBOX for the better graphics on FPS games.

I did a search on GOOGLE last week about this same debate and i found a site that gave detailed information on how many pixels per frame the XBOX was able to display versus the PS2. The XBOX was alot higher than the PS2, so i guess that means the hardware in the BOX is better. Dont remember the site but do the search and you will find it.

BUT

With the BOX you cant get some of the more popular game titles like PS2 can.

My suggestion.... Buy a BOX and a PS2 and you got the best of both worlds, then you dont have to squabble about which is better.

head75jh75

head75jh75

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I like xbox. More fighting games. Ps2 doesnt have halo games . Xboxes dont need memory cards

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Xbox is newer than PS2 and its design has allowed the console developers to introduce more in the way of upgrades since its release. XBOX with the PS2 controller would be good. maybe take the triggers from the xbox controller thats it.

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
That's the only thing that I like from the XBOX Controllers, the triggers!

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah they are quite good what i would love of they incorporated a light gun in the controller for when you play on realyy big screens or projectors.

Jessiah

Jessiah

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
PS2 has alot of favorites carried onto it from the PSX. PS2 has become rather expensive. And by that I mean at first you had to buy a system, mem card, and then eventually a network adapter if you wanted to play online not to mention games. Now it's different with the redesign.

It does have really awesome games, God Of War, FFX, Twisted Metal Black, The GTAs. Some of those greats like the GTAs are on Xbox now. PS2 is a great system no doubt.

XBox always has been ready to play right out of the box (minus a game of course). The only set back would be a cost for XBox Live which for avid players is totally worht it. It has the best graphics of the 3 (though gamecube rivals it with the likes of Resident Evil 4 :-). ) and it's focus seems to be FPSs such at the great Halos, Unreal, and more recently Doom 3. It's a great system for RPGers as well. Fable, Elder Scrolls III, KOTOR I & II, this system is deffinetly awesome.

Both systems are amazing. And I am glad that I have both to play and experience the fun factor delivered by them :-)

somepeoplearebornleet

somepeoplearebornleet

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
I think FF7 Crisis Core is coming out for PS2 or was it PS3?

Metalive

Metalive

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Is Crisis Core the one with Vincent? That ones on PS2.

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

PS2 has become rather expensive.

View Post

Here in Australia both consoles are same price?
Regards RockyIV