Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PS2 and XBOX

• Please log in to reply

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Dreamcast controllers were something else, they were almost a console themselves. lol.

Advertisements

famosbrown

famosbrown

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
LOL...you are right about that, they are bigger than the popular handhelds...then you have the VMU memory card that slides out to give you mini-games, and present graphics while you play with it inserted into the controller :) . I've had mine since it came out...I think it was the end of 1999. I can't remember exactly though. I worked at Hollywood Video and we gave out $10 coupons to buy the machine at Electronic Boutique, along with some other retailers. They failed to place a limit on the coupons or any other stipulations, so I received one for free...all I paid for was tax, a game, and an extra controller :tazz: ...I'm glad I didn't pay for it, since it really didn't last long at all.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
lol, well if only we could all get coupons for new consoles with no limits.

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
the Dreamcast was as nearly good as playstation 2 :tazz:

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
XBox over PS2, but N64 is still my all time favorite console. :tazz:

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
When is the PS3 and XBOX 360 coming out?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Look it up xbox 360 is supposed to be first out maybe christmas the ps3 will probably be summer or even christmas next year.

Boo-Yeah

Boo-Yeah

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
How much would it costs?

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
I think around 500 Australian dollars for the PS3 and XBOX 360 I think same price!

gritbox

gritbox

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
xbox 360 is out before christmas here in the uk and is £209 for basic console or £279 for 20gb hd and wireless controller. personally i cant see how anyone would go for the 209 version

Advertisements

Psych

Psych

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

xbox 360 is out before christmas here in the uk and is £209 for basic console or £279 for 20gb hd and wireless controller. personally i cant see how anyone would go for the 209 version

View Post

Availability is November in the UK.
And it looks like $299 in the US. Didn't realise the exhange rate was about 1:1!!!

Anyway, I guess I'll be waiting a year or so until it becomes a little more affordable.

gritbox

gritbox

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
well thats one of the few benefits of being an american! haha kiddin on

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
My friend said that the XBOX 360 has built in 'Controller Taps' Is that true?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The exchange rate is about 2:1 for every one pound we get like. From what im reading here microsoft said the Us price is $299 for the basic and $399 for the big system in america.

lucien

lucien

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
XBOX beats ps2 9999999999999:1 lol fer sure..the game grafix are AWESOME compared to ps2. and the xbox and ps2 cost the same.deffinatly the xbox