Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Modem Question

• Please log in to reply

proxim0

proxim0

• Pip
  • 3 posts
HI all,

I have been having some really strange things happening with this comp im building and wanted to see if anyone could shed some light on it. Well I got a new MB slaped it togeather and it boots up just fine etc, but when I goto use the modem (That shows up fine in the hardware ) it does not even try to pick up the line, like is not working. This only happens with I try and use the connection wizard etc to setup a dial up connection. But if I go into hyper terminal it will dial out and work ? I just dont know what could be the problem, but then that leads into the sound card doing the same thing, showing up fine in the hardware but not working ? Do you think this could be the board ? I have installed two differnt modems and the same thing for both.

Thanks for any help you can give me .

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
have you updated the drivers? BIOS? chipset drivers? and what not?

proxim0

proxim0

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have not updated the bios or chipset, this was new board I just got but I will check them when I get home and flash the bios if it has an update its just some really odd stuff but I didnt think of the bios or chipset being out dated :tazz: Thanks