Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Printer will not reinstall after reformat

• Please log in to reply

whatshername

whatshername

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I reformatted my pc. I lost my modem and graphics drivers, but did fix that problem with the help from this forum post.

My next and newest problem is reinstalling my printer. I have a HP Deskjet 3745. It worked just fine until the reformat. Now when I try to reinstall the software, it goes through the install wizard until it tells me to connect the printer. Then a window remains open saying "Looking for new hardware" It never finds it. My printer connects through USB. Did I lose the drivers for it? If so where can I find them? My pc info is: HP Pavilion 4533, OS win98se, AMD-K6 3D Processor 450mHz

**Also, when I go into the Device Manager my USB ports show up and say that they are working properly

Any advice???

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,018 posts
  • MVP
stupid question but....is the printer on? do the usb ports work with any other devices?

whatshername

whatshername

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Yes, the printer is on. I do not have any other devices that require USB to check to see if it is the printer or the ports. I have also tried both ports.

whatshername

whatshername

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
In case anyone was wondering.....

I needed to download and install OPS110.EXE which updated my BIOS. After I did this I was able to complete the installation process for my printer. It was then detected and working fine now.

Edited by whatshername, 11 August 2005 - 07:13 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for posting the solution