Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Antispyware Error Log

• Please log in to reply

T110MAS

T110MAS

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
oki i was just wondering about my Microsoft Antispyware Error Log. i have just performed a disk defragmentation on my c drive (which took half a day) and have found that the error log is one of a few things that i cannot defrag.

anyway as i was looking through i saw that it's over 4gb in size, so eating my harddrive space!

i wanted to know is it oki to delete this error log to save space or will this create problems?

thanks in advance

T110MAS

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I would remove Microsoft Antispyware, see if it takes the log with it and then re-install Microsoft Antispyware

T110MAS

T110MAS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
oki thanks for the advice. i uninstalled the software, but it didn't remove the error log, so i manually deleted it, and then reinstalled and then ran the scan and a new error log took its place.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
What size is the new log

T110MAS

T110MAS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
1kb :tazz: