Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Card

• Please log in to reply

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
My NVIDIA GeForce TNT2 Ti300 has died... I am missing the color RED in my display.

I have tried the following different driver's

77.72_win2kxp_english_whql.exe
71.89_win2kxp_international.exe
original driver disk that came with AGP Card

Same results with all three, so I have decided that this card is toast and moved on... :tazz:

unless someone else knows a fix .... ;)

In the meantime (until my next big paycheck) I have aquired a large box of miscellaneous video cards of all types... with no driver disks (no big deal...god made www.driverguide.com) or so I thought.

The current temporary card (and best in the box) i am using (PIECE OF $%!^) is a Matrox Graphics Millennium PCI MGA-2064W B2. After installing it Windows XP automatically recognized it and automatically loaded the drivers. It is working OK I guess, but I have noticed that I am unable to change the Color Quality above "Medium 16 Bit" while the screen resolution is set to "1024x768".

If I lower the screen resolution to "800x600" I can then change the color quality to "Highest 32 Bit".

I hate 800x600, so that is not an option.

My 3 questions are as follows?

1. Does anyone know of a fix for the NVIDIA Card?

2. Is this the maximum capability of this MATROX card... or is there a better driver out there, that I have been unable to find... and I have looked in all the usual places.

3. This is a Temp Card for about two months.... what is a good and stable card for watching movies and RPG gaming.......... for under the $250 price limit.... (I got bills to pay also).

Advertisements

heartofalion28

heartofalion28

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
whatever it said my video card is get one of those it was like 110 and i think its great i run star wars KOTOR full setting and its perfect but umm heres a link for the card offa newegg

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814130227

Lion

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If you need a temp card you can get a 6200 for about 50 dollars th low profile ones. Bog standard but better than what you had before.