Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

emule & Norton Antivirus

• Please log in to reply

estiew2002

estiew2002

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I have installed a latest version of emule (v0.46c) and when running emule Norton Antivirus keeps poping up Security Alert saying that remote System is trying to acess my computer and i must select Permit to continue. This keeps hapening all the time the emule is running. I have added emule to the Program Control in Norton /Options and "chose permit all". But that didn't help. I did discover that disabling the Intenet Worm Protection in the Norton Antivirus Options solves that problem, but is this safe? Is there any other way to get rid of the security alerts?

thanks in advance to anyone who can help

Advertisements

xxneon

xxneon

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I had this same problem today when i updated my emule.. this is what i did to fix it... go into the program control for norton.. remove emule from the list .. reopen emule and when it asked to permit .. it should only come up once.. it worked for me and now i am free of annoying permit pop ups.. :tazz:

estiew2002

estiew2002

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Worked perfectly. Thank you. :tazz:

xxneon

xxneon

• Pip
  • 2 posts
No problem :tazz: