Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RAM QUESTION!

• Please log in to reply

Enjoiskateboy

Enjoiskateboy

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for you guys help, but i have a quick question on ram. i just bought a new 333 stick of ram and i had anouther 333 stick of ram already in it. got it, installed it, and it worked. computer worked for atleast 1 week, then mother board crashes! ;) **of course** so now im looking and of course there is a new standard...400 ram....dang! it would be sooo much easyer if what im wondering workes... if i put my 333 ram into a mother board that supports 400 ram will it be compatable or will it work? expecaily with this motherboard...i think this is the one im trying to buy. thank you for your help.

http://www.atacom.co..._8T&USER_ID=www

:tazz:

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well DDR400 has been there for a while, but we might be able to get your motherboard problem fixed if you post up the exact circumstances and specs.
Does your PC still work if you take out the new ram. Or was this a fried component problem.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

According to www.crucial.com, DDR333 ram WILL work in that motherboard..

Murray

Enjoiskateboy

Enjoiskateboy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks, but do you know if DDR 333 will run on any motherboard supporting DDR 400? thx agean :tazz:

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Your best bet is to go to crucial and do a search for that particular motherboard.. If it can use DDR333 ram, they will say!!

Murray

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It is usually backwards compatible but always double check.

Enjoiskateboy

Enjoiskateboy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
that is exactly what i wanted to know! thank you guys for your help