Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

• Please log in to reply

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Are u facing this error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusal way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

C:\Program Files\Internet Explore\iexplorer.exe

Well there seems to be something wrong with Google Toolbar.
Uninstall it.

Also we are trying to find a better solution for this problem and we need some info. from u guys.
Can any of you guys, tell if ur using the latest version of the toolbar; if not, does the problem continue when u update the version?
Does Re-installing the latest version help?

Edited by darth_ash, 10 August 2005 - 01:17 PM.

Advertisements

jetmysore

jetmysore

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I'm having the same problem, need help

musiclover2

musiclover2

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thank you! After reading this thread I uninstalled an old version of the Google tool bar and the Internet explorer is now working again and I no longer get the above error message. I did not have to reboot but the fix worked immediately.

I have not tried reinstalling the google tool bar yet -- I am waiting to hear from someone else that it is working okay before I put the newer version back on explorer.

Thanks so much again for the suggestion to delete the Google tool bar; I never would have thought of that since it has been on there for ages and not updated.

musiclover2

cheery_pie

cheery_pie

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i uninstalled the toolbar and i'm still receiving the message! what's that mean?

south20082005

south20082005

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Thank you ! Darth ash.
Through your solution I delete google tool bar and Internet explorer
is now woeking again .

Edited by south20082005, 16 August 2005 - 02:56 AM.

paixao_apagado

paixao_apagado

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I posted this on another board, I'll add it here and watch as I would like to find out what really happened. I have discovered that this evening my teenage son was browsing around places he shouldn't have been. So I am suspicious that he has picked up something that is as yet unidentified.

I have met the problem for the first time today. I have been using google toolbar for 2 or 3 years without any problems. No idea of version - didn't check before I uninstalled it.

Uninstalled toolbar and problem solved. So what kicked it off? Have I picked up some malware that has targetted it? All was fine this afternoon - and not this evening. I am suspicious that I have treated a symptom not the problem since nothing on my system changed between working and not working - at least, nothing that I am aware of.

hokapok1

hokapok1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I experienced this problem last night and came into work this a.m. and found you guys....can't wait to get home this evening and remove the toolbar....hopefully I'll obtain the same results. I'll let you know..... :tazz:

JimWhitlock

JimWhitlock

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Uninstalled the toolbar and problem went away. Then re-installed the latest version (as of 20050826 at approximately 0200 EDT) and have not seen it since.

Deep gratitude to you folks. I was barely refraining from slitting my wrists in despair and was using another machine to google-search sources for the runtime library, having already re-installed IE. I discovered this thread by accident.

I don't know how these things are normally handled but the problem symptom and consequences are serious enough that I would think some of the bigger news sources (Ziff Davis et al) might pick it up. The problem even blocked use of the Windows Update service. I'm not sure what I would have done if I had not found this thread and library updates had not solved the problem. I was groaning at the thought of an OS repair-rebuild.

Thanks so much.

Gymdude

Gymdude

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: I am having the same problem with my IE as well, just started a few days ago and I have been running around franticly(sp) try to figure out what's wrong. I tried to reinstal IE but was not able to do so, got an error message saying that a newer version on IE had been detected on my OS and that the setup could not continue. I was trying to load IE 6pk version.

I then went to a local computer superstore...( I will leave them nameless, but the initals are CUSA...you do the math)....and was told by an inexperienced technician(sp) to do a system restore, and that may or may not fix the problem. So needless to say, I did not take his advice.

I even called my PC's help desk, and they had heard of the problem and knew excatly how to fix it, but they were going to charge me $40.00 bucks to do so...(geez $40.00 just to tell me to unistall the Google Toolbar...!!!!!! ARGGHH).....through a friend of mine at the office, I discovered you guys, thanks for the information. I will try this solution and see what happens. YOU GUYS ROCK !!!!

Gymdude

Gymdude

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just uninstalled the Google toolbar, and now my IE is back up and running. Thanks for your help, you GUYS ROCK TWICE !!!!!!!!!! :tazz:

Advertisements

Pastaneta

Pastaneta

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had the same problem about three weeks ago, and I solved it by restoring the system to what it was the day before. IE started to work... Today I had the same problem happen again after installing MacAfee. I again restored the system to yesterday, then I reinstalled Viruscan and it is working...

I don't understand why it happens!

JimWhitlock

JimWhitlock

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Too soon for highest confidence (36 hours) but I continue problem-free after uninstalling the toolbar and reinstalling the latest version. I have no version information on the version that caused problems but it was at least a year old.

jetmysore

jetmysore

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Uninstalled Google toolbar, everything is normal now.

Thanks for your feed back

Jetmysore

macknkeagsmom

macknkeagsmom

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I too have had this error for about a week :) and called my ISP help center and was told I needed to wipe my computer clean :) . I then called my computer's manufactuer and was told I needed to buy a new hard drive and use my current one as a slave and/or get more RAM :) . While I could use more RAM, I decided to continue my search and a friend told me to put the error message in a search engine and see what I find. I found you :ph34r: . I uninstalled my Google toolbar and Whaalaa! IE works! :tazz: Unfortunatly, I do not know what version I had. THANK YOU! It is so great to have sites like this for those of us who are not computer whizzes.

Stephanie

Edited by macknkeagsmom, 30 August 2005 - 10:02 PM.

chanse

chanse

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the same problem, but I do not have the toolbar installed. Is there another fix? Also, I only get the error when I am on a specific site and I click on Tools->internet options. When I go to another site and click Tools->internet options, I do not get the error.

Chanse

Edited by chanse, 31 August 2005 - 01:30 PM.