Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Buying New...

• Please log in to reply

Metalive

Metalive

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
STAY AWAY FROM ALIENWARE.

You could build an Alienware for half the price. Your paying $1,500+ for a brand name.

If you are worried about building, don't. Building is extremely easy nowadays, I had no PC knowledge whatsoever 2 months ago, and built this rig in an hour, thanks to these forums. :tazz:

Advertisements

heartofalion28

heartofalion28

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
ditto man i built i ono what price u would consider my pc but i only paid a grand for it and the case is alot better lookin than any alienware out there cept maybe the starwars ones it kool lookin but its not gaudy but neway just build ur own man so much more customizing and stuff without having to pay for the brand name and when u use it and u hear that baby runnin u know its cuzza ur work that all these parts came together and that its crazy good and that u save a s*** load of money that u can spend on games and what not.

Lion

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Building pcs is insanely fun its great and not to hard and there are lots of people like us who dont mind helping people. If it isnt for you there are lots of ways to get a good pc built for you, small shop will put the parts together for you for a small fee and there are always a handful of really good custom builders i dont know about anywhere else in the world but in the UK we are spoiled the choice there are lots of great custom builders, there are advantages to custom builds as they can do things you cant or wouldnt want to do with a system, they are expensive though.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Just get a new pc, building them is fun or you can goto a custom shop like others posted.

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
I could do the build it yourself route (upgraded my own hard drive from 10Gb to 140Gb) but I dont know what parts will go with what parts.... I have read about using two video cards and two processors and it just sounds like alot of headaches...AND I DONT LIKE paying extra money for the alienware name ...so I might try the do it yourself route....

First thing to get is the motherboard i suppose... what is a good board that is capable of handling the most high performance parts and has the most room for future upgrades....or just a really good motherboard