Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blank Monitor

• Please log in to reply

mfreeser

mfreeser

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Dell Dimension L400C with Win 95. I disconnected it from internet almost a year ago and have been using it for word and excel only. Last week I deleted some unused programs without using uninstall. The next time I turned on the computer it sounds like a regular boot, but the monitor is black without any activity showing. The regular beeps and monitor noises occur.

I checked the power and the cables from monitor to computer.

I have a new Dell and would rather not have to unplug and plug from one computer to the other to find a problem on my own. Any suggestions on what I did to create this and how to fix? Please.....all my Ebay recordkeeping is on the old Dell and this problem is bogging down my work. THanks

Edited by mfreeser, 10 August 2005 - 02:43 PM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well......first off just to be sure check the monitor by hooking it up to another computer....also...what files/programs did you delete?

mfreeser

mfreeser

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok...tried the monitor on this computer and it worked just fine. The programs I deleted I didn't think I needed and was trying to "clean" up the older computer and get rid of unnecessary files....I didn't use uninstall (brain dead moment) and deleted Quickbooks, and PC Phone, Games, internet connect programs. It has to be related to something I deleted since this happened immediately at next boot.