I thought I should just post here to see if anybody got any ideas or tips. At this point I believe that the 2 drives are pretty much dead or the socket to the motherboard is. Here is the problem....
Neither of the 2 CD-ROM Drives will show up in My Computer, nor the Device Manager, nor the BIOS.
The computer is running Windows XP Home Edition - SP2. Patches are all up-to-date.
Things I have tried:
- Checked to make sure everything was connected properly
- Checked BIOS to look of any trace, nothing
- Used TweakUI to make sure the drives weren't hidden, nothing
- Tried to Add New Hardware. Plugs & Play found nothing, tried to add it manually, nothing
- Went into the Registry and removed the "Lower Filters", nothing
- Bought a new IDE Cable and connected it to both drives, nothing
- Tested each drive and made sure the jumpers were properly set, nothing
I have thought and tried of a lot of things. Sadly since I am not from the area I can't take my friend's CD ROM Drives and test them on my computer to see if they are dead or not. They do have power, but will not show up.
If anybody has any comments, suggestions, anything at all. Please replied to this thread.
Edit: I should add, the computer is Spyware free & Virus free. Also noticed that this was the wrong place to post it :-\
Edited by LDG, 10 August 2005 - 04:02 PM.