Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Coolweb Nightmare! [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Silveraxe

Silveraxe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok...so Norton's was a waste, I installed Antivir whcih removed about 20+ trojans, then on reboot it showed the system as being clean. Naturally it was not. I then preceded to download several of the programs you recommended. I ran HJT and saw what I knew to be trojans/malware. I had HJT remove them, I've run Adaware 4 times and removed several hundred files, I've run I ran EWIDO 3 times now and removed files each time...first 68, then 32, then 13...I'm hoping this continues to 0...however...it is still running into the following problems:

#1 I see no programs in add/remove or within the 'Start' slide over.
#2 I cannot open any program from the desktop...only thru the actuall program folder on C:
#3 everytime I try and open IE it attempts to download something (which tells me that it is still infected)
#4 It absolutely refuses to install any other browser...even from a CD

So what am I missing?

Advertisements

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Hi Silveraxe and welcome to GeeksToGo!

If you are having malware issues, please got to the following site and follow all the instructions carefully.

You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log

this will help you clean up to 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THIS thread.

Thanks,

:tazz:

Excal

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.