Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Problem w/ Virus X-terminator

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Here's hoping someone can help me. Now that I have my system virus/spyware I came across a problem this morning. I got an email from my DSL provider (Bellsouth) they have a 30 day free trial for anti virus, firewall, and spyware. Well Bellsouth told me I had to remove Virus Xterminator. There was no uninstall option so I used add/remove programs. It did not remove everything for the program. After still not able to get Bellsouth's programs to work I gave up on them and wanted to put Virus X-terminator back on my system. It went through the motions of installing but nothing works on it. I can't get it to scan my hard drive or run internet update. It tells me :

Unexpected error returned from library:
Context: Fetching validation servers
Routine: NvccfQueryConfigDataSize2 Verification
Error value: 0x00000002

When I try to run scan disks it tells me:

Window is searching for Task2.sdf. To locate the file your, click browse..

I'm sure it has to do with not completely removing the program. I've tried to reinstall it and repair it but nothing works. If someone can help me remove all files for this program so I can reinstall the program fresh.

I've also tried to restore my system to a point before I tried to get Bellsouth's programs. Now my pc will not restore.

Pls help :tazz: :) ;)