Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2 hard drives

• Please log in to reply

Nicdez

Nicdez

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
About 2 months ago I combined my brothers hard drive with mine because it wouldn't work in his computer. I set it up so my harddrive was the master and the other the slave. My brothers windows is all messed up and I cant reinstall windows on it without reformating. If I go to scan it with adaware, norton or even try to defrag it, it freezes my computer. I was wondering what is causing it to freeze also when I restart my computer it tries to run a scan safe disk thing and it freezes during that. I was wondering if that could be disabled.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi there

what is it you are trying to do with the slave drive - ie recover files from it or wipe it etc?

Nicdez

Nicdez

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
My brother has alot of school files and endless amounts of songs he can never get back. I just have it in there to acess his music. I have an 80 GB HD his is a 30 GB. So I cant reformat or I will be a dead man. :tazz:

Logic_Overflow

Logic_Overflow

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
Considering that you do have a bigger Harddrive you can copy all of his files onto your Harddrive and then reformat his drive and install a fresh copy of Windows.

As with Samm's question.... that is something that would be def. helpful to know. From what I understand is that you already made it a slave drive, but some clarification doesnt' hurt :-)