Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i need help please

• Please log in to reply

mjcaluza

mjcaluza

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
hello this is just my second post, i know a little bit of computers but with protecting it bugs me off, i still could't protect my computers properly most especially an anti virus 1'm running windows xp on dimensions dell 2400 pentium 4. but i have reboot it for 8 times since i bought it last year due to virus, sasser, w32, lots of them because its a family computer i could restrict much of those who use it. my quest tion is which is the proper antivirus for me, please educate me. almost all of us are fan of P2p sharing and on shareaza. please give me a tip to properly protect my pc most especially anti virus please?thanks in advance for all the guidance.

Advertisements

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Recommended:

1 Firewall
1 Anti-virus
2Anti-spyware

Tips:

Download something like AVG,
Dont open emails from people that you dont know,
Dont download illegal software or even install illegal software or O\S on your computer.
Don't going into sites that you dont really trust... [bleep] etc
Make sure the software that you use does not support spyware/malware etc

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
Anti-virus; AVG/Anti-Vir/Avast!

All are good.

Firewall. Kerio/Sygate/ZoneAlarm

Anti-spyware;
Ad-aware SE
SpyBot S&D
SpywareBlaster

Better browsers than Internet Explorer;
Firefox/NetScape/Opera

That was just to name a few - Mozilla is fourth one too.

Keep Microsoft Updates patched up.

- Rawe :tazz:

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Keep all your security software up to date and windows up to date, that is another tip that I forgot.

Pete^2

Pete^2

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I use HitmanPro It's a freebie suite of programs. The site is in Dutch, but there's an english manual at ~translate~

Well worth a look. It's easy to get up and running, and once setup, one button clicked runs the whole lot. No probs since I started using it.

Hope this is of some help.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well im also a p2 fan and i use norton 205cause you get a year free, and when i dont use htat i us avast ,which s actaullyetterthan norton but wont turn away a freebe. If you still get problems NOD32 is the business, if it can clean your system nothing can.