Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dvd drives

• Please log in to reply

spanzer

spanzer

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: Hi' my dvd drives no longer load automatically,..no little cd icon on the cursor. I have to go into 'my computer to manually start my dvd's/cd's. I've put the dvd software cd's in to update drivers but get the message 'windows could not find a better match'...etc. This has happened after repairing windows with the install cd. Anyone know what's happened here? Thanks in advance. Spanzer.

Edited by spanzer, 10 August 2005 - 06:16 PM.

Advertisements

bdlt

bdlt

• PipPipPip
  • 876 posts
sometimes, the 'bad' driver needs to be removed before an update is tried.

to remove the driver:
Start>Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager>DEV/CDROM
right click on the device, Uninstall, continue responding to uninstall. please report any yellow '!' or red 'x' in device manager(or lack thereof).

now reboot. when new hardware is found, try to reinstall from the dvd software cd. reboot again after reinstall(may not be necessary, but do it anyway). retest dvd.

if it does not work, please go back to device manage and report what is listed under DEV/CDROM.