Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Some Ethernet Help please

• Please log in to reply

Kawaiius

Kawaiius

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Not sure if this goes here, if not mods please move it.

But on to the probelm:

so my computer was working fine a couple days ago but now it wont, i even did a full restart but that doesnt work either. Im thinking it is my ethernet port because now when ever i take out the cable or put it in my ethernet port is glowing amber. i don't think it usually does.

So can anyone tell me a solution or do i have to just go out and buy a new one?

Thanks for the help and hopefully fast replys.

Advertisements

agent1102

agent1102

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hello Kawaiius

First off you want to make sure that Windows sees the device is working properly.

Start -> Run
Type devmgmt.msc and press enter

Make sure that there are no yellow exclamation points under the network adapters section
If there are rigth click on the device with the exclamation point and under the General tab in the device staus area copy the text and post it here.

phirewallz

phirewallz

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Agent 1102.... are you related to the Freak Squad...I mean Geek Squad? :tazz:

Kawaiius... what is your computer doing / not doing?

Edited by phirewallz, 11 August 2005 - 10:44 PM.

agent1102

agent1102

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I am a former member of the Geek Squad. I left for the BBD (Bigger Better Deal).

todd333

todd333

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
You never mentioned your problem, other than your light being on , are you unable to connect to your LAN, to the internet. are you able to ping?