Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Pro error beeps after system shutdown

• Please log in to reply

baginz

baginz

• Pip
  • 7 posts
:cool:I HAVE A GIGABYTE GA-7VAXP MB ATHLON 1674 Mhz CPU,KINGSTON RAM 512MB,NVIDIA 32MB V/C,CURRENT BIOS,MAXTOR 80GIG HD,XP PRO........MY SYSTEM RUNS GREAT WITH THE EXCEPTION OF FAINT ERROR BEEPS AFTER SHUTDOWN....BEE..PBEEP..BEEP..BEEP....I HAVE TO POWER OFF THE REAR POWER SWITCH IN ORDER TO GET RID OF BEEPING.WHEN I RESTART THE SYSTEM TRIPLE BEEP RIGHT AWAY BUT MANAGES TO GET PAST POST FINE AND BOOTS RIGHT UP. I HAVE SWAPPED V/C RAM PS TORE DOWN TO JUST MINIMAL DEVICES, CHANGED BATTERY ALL TO NO AVAIL...THE BEEPING HAPPENS ABOUT 1 OUT OF 3 POWER DOWNS SAME ON RESTARTS...ANY IDEAS/ASSISTANCE WOULD BE APPRECI8TED....THANK YOU...-:)baginz :tazz:

Edited by baginz, 10 August 2005 - 06:43 PM.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. Does your motherboard manual give any insight on this? I would explore that first. If you don't have a manual, go to gigabyte's web page and download one.

baginz

baginz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
:tazz: I have scoured manual,contacted Gigabyte tech,placed bios on failsafe mode....no luck as yet.....next step will be a tear down and rebuild......thank you................:-)baginz ;)

Edited by baginz, 13 August 2005 - 10:03 AM.