Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

COD restarts

• Please log in to reply

Spencer487

Spencer487

• Pip
  • 1 posts
works in non punkbuster
doesn't work in punkbuster

my AIM is jk2capper if you wanna help IM me

i just got a brand new computer, specs are

Athlon 3200+
onboard sound
Windows xp service pack 2
Geforce 6600 PCi express
1 gig ram
MSI K8N Neo4 Nvida nforce 4 (said it wrong lol) motherboard
7200 RPM Ultra ATA-100 80 gig hard drive
certified CPU Fan (2) and Heatsink
350W Power Supply
and no i'm not using EAX

alright, well i play tons of other games with no problem and high fps, like World of warcraf, warcraft 3, lord of the rings battle for middle earth, Counter strike source and some others

the problem is if i go in any COD server my computer restarts in 5 seconds. every time.. 5 seconds.

it works fine on NON-punkbuster servers

I've tryed new video card drivers, some other motherboard driver made for my motherboard, reinstalling COD, reinstalling COD again;download 1.4 patch, and then downloading 1.5 patch, hmm i've tryed safe mode, downloading punkbuster updates, replacing my punkbuster folder with my friends punk buster

what i know is when i reinstalled i can play for a few minutes then.. computer restarts

i was also reading about some dude did something with his zip drive and it worked, my computer has a zip drive, i didn't order one but the stupid people gave me one.

Advertisements