Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I have a few programs missing after reformatting.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Enema Weapon

Enema Weapon

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I just reformatted with Windows XP Pro SP2 Corporate Edition. I now have no MS Paint, or disk defragmenter and i might be missing more. I've tried add/remove windows components and it's not their either. I've tried 2 different windows XP cds and adding aditional components from them but they just seem to bring up what my computer already has on it.

Please help.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I prefer this to Paint, if you do not have .net framework, choose the full installer

http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/paint.net/

For defragmenter, click start, run, type sfc /scannow then press enter, you need the XP CD

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

I just reformatted with Windows XP Pro SP2 Corporate Edition. I now have no MS Paint, or disk defragmenter and i might be missing more. I've tried add/remove windows components and it's not their either. I've tried 2 different windows XP cds and adding aditional components from them but they just seem to bring up what my computer already has on it.

Please help.

View Post

is this any illegal verison of this O\S?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
He is not going to tell you if it is.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

He is not going to tell you if it is.

View Post

Well he has no choice but to, becuase if it is illegal. We dont support that and you should know that by now warriorscot.

And warriorscot please dont be sy-cas-tic, towards me as I am not in the mood for your crap.

Edited by Tony_1983, 11 August 2005 - 08:22 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
*side note* paint.net is awesome!

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
This thread is CLOSED for using pirated software..

See This Thread

Murray