Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Webpage Backgrounds wont show up.

• Please log in to reply

Dezol

Dezol

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, I have been having some trouble for quite some time lately. The Backgrounds on ANY webpage will not show up, its just white. Ive Tried Internet Explore. Aol. Firefox. None of them seem to fix it. I was wondering if maybe i messed up something with my settings or encoding? i really dont know... Anyone got any hits?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
On a web page, click tools, internet options, advanced, check the settings for multimedia, all but show image placeholders should be ticked.

Dezol

Dezol

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hmm, Thank you for the information.. For somereason this is not working.. I dont know whats up.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start, run, type sfc /scannow then press enter to replace the system files, you need the XP CD

Re-install SP2 to repair IE