Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Games won't start.

• Please log in to reply

Billy Bob Johnson

Billy Bob Johnson

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Right, I have just had my computer returned after having a new motherboard and power supply added to it. However, now, when I want to play games and insert the disk it comes up with an error. The drive reads the disk but the disk is basically empty. For example, Football Manager 2005, if i click on autorun it comes up with "The procedure entry point GetMocaleInfoA could not be locared in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll. and if I explore it, there is hardly anything on the disk. This happens with all games off CD's. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Did they or you reinstall windows when they replaced the motherboard. If not the mobo wont have drivers properly so you reinstall windows but have the mobo driver cd handy and any other drivers you need for your hardware.