Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Disk boot faliure Help please

• Please log in to reply

Shakur

Shakur

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello
i really need some help. my nod32 curropted my xp when deletling viurses. the operating system doesnt function properly anymore. it always reboot when its loading the boot screensaver. so i have deicded to install a fresh copy of windows xp but here the problem comes when i disable the "boot from hd" so that it boots from cd i get this error "disk boot faliure press entre" could some1 tell me what is causing this becuase i never faced such a problem while go.
oh yeah i also got the boot diskette ( works fine when i boot from it )but dunno how to use it

thanks for your help

Edited by Shakur, 11 August 2005 - 06:55 AM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
If you are sure the BIOS is set to boot from the CD-ROM drive first, it's possibe you are failing to act on the "PRESS ANY KEY TO BOOT FROM CD" message which the XP CD generates. If you fail to press any key when this message appears, the system will attempt to boot from the next drive listed in the BIOS.