Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSOLE32

• Please log in to reply

Al6

Al6

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had problems with WINXP Prof being infected with MSOLE32. In trying to delete it I ended up not having access to my computer. XP was installed on Drive "D" and a deleted version of Win98 on Drive "C".

Reinstalled a clean version of XP on drive "C". Seems to work OK. BUT:

I still get pop ups with a yellow box with an explanation point (like the orange icon attached) when I try to change items in my internet security.

Does MS use this box in their program???

Don't seem to find any evidence of MSOLE32 on my "C" drive

I read one of your other forums and used the program Clean (or Cleaner) and it deleted ALL of my Temp files on all 4 of my hard drives. I normally keep downloaded programs and drivers and misc items in Temp directories. You might mention this as a caution to people like me.

Your site is interesting and helpful. Thanks, Al

Edited by Al6, 11 August 2005 - 08:14 AM.

Advertisements