Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

MS antispyware keeps alerting me

• Please log in to reply

bdee1

bdee1

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a laptop with windows xp home on it and 2 users set up. If i log into my profile which has www.digg.com as the IE start page, and then log off and log into the other users profile who has www.google.com as their IE start page, MS antispyware pops up askign me if i want to allow the change to the IE start page. this is so annoying.

shouldnt MS antispyware be smart enough ot knwo that different profiles will have different IE start pages? how do i fix this?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
in the program click on real time protection then applications agents then disable that internet explorer urls agent.....be warned that this means that you will not be protected from having your homepage changed.

bdee1

bdee1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

in the program click on real time protection then applications agents then disable that internet explorer urls agent.....be warned that this means that you will not be protected from having your homepage changed.

View Post

yea i know that i can do that - but i want to be protected from my start page changing - i just want each user to have their own start page. is this not possible with MS anti-spyware?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
doesn't really look like it

bdee1

bdee1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts