Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hides Taskbar - "Error in dll.Scan_Start:

• Please log in to reply

davemendoza

davemendoza

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
First, I did indeed read "you must read this before posting Hijack this"

This concerns "Error in dll.Scan_Start: External exception C0000006"

I bought Spydoctor this morning and it found over 300 instances of spyware. After a few hours I noticed that when I left computer for a while the startup task bar would disappear. Only by manually shutting off computer could I get it to restart and it would look fine .... but then I ran Spydoctor again and found that everytime it neared end the "Error in dll.Scan_Start: External exception C0000006" would come up and kill the scan.

Moreover, it seems highly suspicious that each scan from Ewido and Spybot now come up with very few spyware in their scans. Spybot only showed the following:

Mediaplex. ,.... other times before this problem I commonly received the other following:

isg26.casalemedia.com

a.tribalfusion.com

media.fastclick.net

ad.yieldmanager.com

I ran Antivir and it ran very slow, all night this time.

Something is definitely attacking my computer. Again, I have tried all the scans. Ad-aware's new version never seems to work on my computer and this new spydoctor as stated is what flushed the error messsage each time since on scans towards the end.

I did a google on this and saw only a few postings and those that did had no solution, one guy said he had to wipe his computer clean ... I really don't want it to come to that

Advertisements