Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ND-6100A on Dell Inspiron 700m won't burn CD-R

• Please log in to reply

eatonll2

eatonll2

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Greetings All,

For the past several weeks, I've been having a difficult time getting my ND-6100A on my Dell Inspiron 700m notebook to burn CD-r discs. To put it simply, the drive is very erratic. Sometimes it recognizes the blank disc; usually it doesnt.

What discs have I been using, you say? A no-name Target CD-r, a Philips 52x CD-r and--most recently--a Maxell 48x CD-r. I even threw in a Memorex 4x CD-rw for variety. I doubt the problem is with the disc.

What programs have you used to burn? I-Tunes for music (which has mysteriously stopped recognizing the disc as blank), Sonic RecordNow! (ditto) and CDBurnerXP Pro 3 (you guessed it). I'm running XP and once or twice when I've gotten the drive to recognize the disc, I get a strange error message spat back at me. I wish I could write it here, but I haven't been able to get the drive to recognize the disc today.

I have had the latest automatic Windows updates as well.

So, any counsel, friends? I'd sure appreciate it.

Advertisements

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
It could be the cd-rw laser was "jarred" and not lining up with the blank media..

Have you tried just putting in a cd-rom... CD program disk,music CD and see if that is regonized?