Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installing Red Hat Linux 8

• Please log in to reply

Yppolitia

Yppolitia

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
I tried installing it and I got two error messages saying:

Error message one

Error Partioning
Could not allocate requested partions:
Patrioning Failed:Could not allocated partions as
Primary partitions

Error message two

Automatic Partitioning Errors
The following errors occured with your partitions

You have not defined a root partition (/), which is required for installation of Red Hat Linux to continue.

This can happen if there is not enough space on your hard drive(s) for the installation. You can choose a different automatic partitioning option, or click 'Back' to select manual partitioning.

I right clicked my C drive and clicked properties and I have 6GB of memory left which im sure is more than enough for the system to run on which I assume would cancel out the "This can happen if there is not enough space on your hard drive(s) for the installation" option.

I went back to the manual root selection and got a little confused.

Anyone able to help?

Advertisements

Scooped

Scooped

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
Well Im not very experienced with red hat, but it looks like you didnt specify a root partition (the main partition).

If you did, then I suggest just downloading Fedora Core, or a newer version of red hat. :tazz:

Yppolitia

Yppolitia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Yeh, but how do I specify the root partition?

Scooped

Scooped

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
Here, try following this step by step:
http://www.linuxsolv.../ftopic301.html

Are you using disk druid to automatically partition? If not, you may want to try.