Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Setup of Wireless Router Problem

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
I recently purchased a laptop and a Netgear Wireless Router (WGR614 v.6), and I cannot seem to get it setup correctly. I already have a cable modem and regular router (from Linksys) that split the line in the basement into four lines for the four bedrooms. I am hooking the wireless router up in one of the bedrooms, but the autosetup program won't work if there's another router inbetween. Does anybody know how I can set this up to work with the old router? The manuals say I can set it up manually by going to http://www.routerlogin.net, but that doesn't work when the router is plugged in, and when the computer is plugged directly into the old router routerlogin.net redirects to netgear.com. Please help ASAP. Thanks!