Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No Sound!

• Please log in to reply

Billy Bob Johnson

Billy Bob Johnson

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I hate computers. Re formatted everything after getting a new motherboard becasue of problem after problem. Now I have no sound. How do I get some! It worked perfectly fine before formatting, so it's not like I can't get any. How do I go about this? I don't know what motherboard or sound card I have because the bloke in the shop has updated it, not me.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You need a programme called Everest Home, install and run it, click + next to computer then summary, look at mulimedia, audio adapter

http://www.lavalys.c...cts.php?lang=en

You can get it from the link

Billy Bob Johnson

Billy Bob Johnson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Right, I press on MultiMedia, Windows Audio is empty, PCI/PnP Audio has VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try here

http://www.viaarena....ID=1&CatID=1010

Billy Bob Johnson

Billy Bob Johnson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Right, I have found what I think is the right one, but when I go to intall it it says it has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify it's compatability with Windows XP and continuing may impair my system. Do I go through with it?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
To be absolutely safe, ask the shop what they installed originally