Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video card help PLEASE!

• Please log in to reply

Blaze29a

Blaze29a

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
:tazz: Ok i bought a nvidia video card, i inserted it in the PCI slot in my computer it was fine i conected it to my moniter directly. It worked fine after that i installed the drivers from the cd. Then it restarted at start up it shows the windows XP home edition loading screen but it does not go to the next screen or will not display anything because can still hear sound! So right now i have my moniter connected to the orginal port. Also when i run DXdiag under diisplay the driver is still the old one and the hardware 2 i dunno if that is because my moniter is connected to the old port all i know is i need help badly anyone plz help

if you can instant message me on AIM at--- br7alx

or just reply i will be wait some one plzzzzzzzzzzz help ;) :) :(

Advertisements

Blaze29a

Blaze29a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
do i need to uninstall my current driver ??? or hardware ???

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Try and siable the onboard graphics from bios, if it doesnt work you can turn them back on the same way.

Blaze29a

Blaze29a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Try and siable the onboard graphics from bios, if it doesnt work you can turn them back on the same way.

View Post

how would i do that ???

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

how would i do that ???

View Post

What type of PC is it?

Give us some specs if you know them :tazz:

Blaze29a

Blaze29a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

What type of PC is it?

Give us some specs if you know them  :tazz:

View Post

windows xp home edtion

sony pentium4 2.39 ghz

480 ram

like 100 gb drive

anything elese????

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
Reboot your computer..

When the splash screen shows up ( the make of the PC Dell.HP etc) if its a custom build tap the "delete" key..

repeatedly click ..F1 or F2..you should enter your bios...

When and if you get there ..read the navigation intruction very carefully..

You should be able to find the "onboard VGA"

Edited by OneCool, 11 August 2005 - 05:39 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yup tis how you do it, getting into bios is the easy bit, you will be presented with a menu and you navigate using the keyboard, the instructions run along the bottom. Search through the settings use your common sense here it will likely be under peripherals or something along that line. Do not change anyhting else in there look for the graphics settings and it should allow you to select to use PCI or onboard as the primary adapter you want to select PCI here. Be patient if you cant find it post back.