Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No internet

• Please log in to reply

afg34

afg34

• PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
Hi

i reinstalled windwos 98 SE. Now i don't have the driver for the network driver. It can't detect that i am connected to internet.
Please help :tazz:

Advertisements

somepeoplearebornleet

somepeoplearebornleet

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Can you access the internet on a friends computer? Try and find the driver on his/hers and save it to a cd. I thought windows has drivers for it already but i maybe mistaken.

Edited by somepeoplearebornleet, 11 August 2005 - 05:37 PM.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Your post is more than a bit cryptic!

Are you on another computer now? I presume you've looked in device manager and the network adapter has a yellow question mark. Do you know what the network card is, the make and part number?

What kind of internet connection do you have? One thing I do before setting up a machine is to look in device manager and get the network card information and download the drivers to a floppy from the card makers website, since you obviously can't access the website when the drivers aren't installed.

If you have to, look on the card for the part number and make, go to the makers website and DL the correct drivers to a floppy and install them.. The installation may take any number of forms, from using an .inf file to just running an executable.

afg34

afg34

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
Yes there is a yellow question mark in the devie manager. I am currently on my other computer (my sister's) trying to get help. How can i find information about the make and model of the netwrok card. I have ultra lite internet. I called my ISP and they said that the problem is that i don't have the driver for the network card installed. Now i am looking fo rthe netwrok card driver. As soon as i know the make and the model i will post it here so u guys can help me find it.
thnx

Please help

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Yes there is a yellow question mark in the devie manager. I am currently on my other computer (my sister's) trying to get help. How can i find information about the make and model of the netwrok card. I have ultra lite internet. I called my ISP and they said that the problem is that i don't have the driver for the network card installed. Now i am looking fo rthe netwrok card driver. As soon as i know the make and the model i will post it here so u guys can help me find it.
thnx

Please help

View Post

You may need to open the case and look at the card, if it's a card. Many computers have onboard network adapters. In that case it would be about an inch square and near the network connector.

afg34

afg34

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
Is there any other way to know about the model and mak eof the netwrok card other than opening the pc??

thnx

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Download a program called Belarc Advisor from www.belarc.com (it's small enough to fit on a floppy)..

Now, run that on your system and post the log here!!

Murray

afg34

afg34

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
http://www.meg-elect....com/NEC_Z1.htm

Here is all the details about my computer. I will post the results as soon i can. I am not currently in home oso i can't do it but i will do it and post it here soon.

afg34

afg34

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
Allied Telesis LA100-PCI-T Z1 LAN Adapter

could this be the driver for the network card?
i found "Z1" in the name so i though if it was the driver. Please le me know someone.

it is here

http://www.ultrabac....8/ubq000208.htm

afg34

afg34

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
http://churchoffrag....ers/atomic.html

here is a detail of my pc. I found it in the itnernet. I don't Know if this is the model of the network card.

10/100 Base-T Ethernet

10/100 Linksys PCMCIA Network Card

Advertisements

afg34

afg34

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
:tazz: :)

Please help
ANYONE

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Download Everest Home here

http://www.lavalys.c...p?pid=1&lang=en

Run it then click + next to computer then summary, look on right at network / network adapter

You need the exact model, post it in or look here

http://www.linksys.c...FVisitorWrapper

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

:tazz:  :)

Please help
ANYONE

View Post

I've been looking at your machine specs and I can't tell whether you have one or two network devices, it says a card and also onboard adapter. And whether it is D-Link or Linksys. And I don't find the machine listed at NEC, it may be listed at Packard Bell, or even Radio Shack, if it is both are pretty good at driver support. If you could clear up whether it is one or two, or D-Link or Linksys that would help. I'll check some more later.

afg34

afg34

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
HI

I used Belarc and under network it said " not detected " . So ten i used Everest and under " PCI/PnP Adapter " it said " D-link DFE-540 TX ProFast 10/100 Ethernet Adapter ". I don't know if that is teh model of my network card. If it is please post the link to its driver here.

THNX :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You will need to look for it according to your location

http://support.dlink.com/