Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Aurora and computer freeze

• Please log in to reply

raprigge

raprigge

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have the aurora issue and have tried to read previous posts, but the last one I read had a faulty web address. I also have been confused on posts referring to Hijack This. Can someone please give me the steps (as basic as possible) to remove this problem. Also, my computer, esp screensaver, has been freezing alot lately and I am wondering if that is an Aurora problem, or if there is something I can do to fix it. Thanks for your help.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Please go here:

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log to the Malware Team

If you ask after running the programmes, someone from the malware forum will take you through Hijack This

raprigge

raprigge

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
every time I try to launch Ad-aware, the program does not respond, so I am stuck at the first step.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Uninstall it, reboot, re-install it, as you install, untick the update now box, close it, then open it and run it.

If it freezes, post in the malware forum to say you are unable to run ad-aware

raprigge

raprigge

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks Keith. I went thru all those programs excpet for Windows SP1a, since I could not see where/how to install it after clicking on the icon. I also did not download the hijackthis program, is that definitely necessary?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Post the topic in the malware forums and say what you have been able to do so far