Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Icon editer

• Please log in to reply

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
What is the best free Icon editer. I don't wan't to pay because I only what it to change icons that I don't like when I can't find one that is what I want. I have played with a few but the times runs out and I have to find something new.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
www.irfanview.com

Install the plug-ins to edit .ico files.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
That is not a very good program form my point of view. It dose not suport tranparecy and dose not have tools easy to find etc. Is there any other. (I am googleing it but not finding any thing free yet.)

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
M$ Visual Studio (C++) can also edit icon files.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Do you mean Visual studio 2005 beta 2? I hope you do becasue it is in the mail :tazz:

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Hello,

I would have to agree with Tyger that Irfanview is an excellent choice and does support transparency when you save the image, you can select what color you would like to be transparent. I use Irfanview for almost all of my icon editing needs.

Another option may be Paint.NET [http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/paint.net/], it is a nice free image editor with intuitive GUI that I believe supports ICO files.

Cheers,
Tom

www.irfanview.com

Install the plug-ins to edit .ico files.

View Post