Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

HELP with viruses [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

confus3d

confus3d

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi

I have recently been infected with the W32/Alemod.e.dll virus and Spyre trojan have no idea how to remove them. They are causing my computer tos low right down and for my windows explorer to crash at rondom times. Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Oh and also mcAfee tells me that oleext.dll is the file infected with the spyre tojan and that wininet.dll is infected with the W32/Alemod.e.dll virus. I have also attached my hijack this log.

thanks again for any help you provide.

Advertisements

John_L

John_L

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts
Hi confus3d and welcome to Geeks To Go :tazz:

We have been busy in the last little while are you still neding our help?

Edited by John_L, 16 August 2005 - 01:42 PM.

confus3d

confus3d

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanxs for the reply yes im still i need of your help with the W32/Alemod.e.dll virus the spyre trojan i had was cleaned by my virus scan when it updated the dat file.

John_L

John_L

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts
Hello again Confus3d :tazz:

Please start here.

http://www.geekstogo...?showtopic=2852

After all these steps are done please post a hijack log, for me to see.

John_L

John_L

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.