Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Card Help pls

• Please log in to reply

djmark028

djmark028

• Pip
  • 5 posts
:tazz: i was going to intall a new video card. So i disable my on board video card at "Display Properties" I change my mind intalling the new video card and reboot my computer. When rebooted there is no video but i can hear the sound of my windows starting up. I try to restart it again with safe mode but for some reason it doesnt work it keep on frausing. Please i need help what can i do.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Boot the PC and keep tapping the delete key until it enters set up and you will be able to enable the onboard video there, press F10 to save and exit, type Y to confirm and it wil reboot

djmark028

djmark028

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
it took me the recovery console but I dont reall have idea how enable it because its msdos

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Do you normally have an option to get to bios, thats where you want to go. So you will need to press the appropriate key it is usually delet but ti can be different what kind of PC is maybe someone has the same and can tell you which button it is.

djmark028

djmark028

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i got in to bios and switch my video card to onboard and i save and exit. Still blank screen

Stasiek

Stasiek

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
this might sound silly but is your monitor connected to the onboard video connector? if not make the change :tazz: