Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Does gaming help us in RL

• Please log in to reply

heartofalion28

heartofalion28

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
I have been lookin around on the internet and i cant seems to find an answer do we as gamers get benefits from it in the RW and the work world if so wat are they now my faith in gaming and my love for it is not failing but i would like some arguments to defend myself against those who bash us gamers nerds and geeks.

Lion

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well we have the benifit of usually developing an intuitive rapore with computers and have very fast mental reflexes. Studies show that all of us FPS lovers minds actually work as if it were real and it can help us keep our cool in stressful situations, also RTS players benefit from the analitical thinking development and strategy that people have been using board games to develop for thousands of years. I dont know any advantage for playing RPG games or MMOs i dont play them maybe there is some specific advantage *says dubiously not a fan of many RPGs or MMOs*.
Just ignore them, group together and form a clan thats what i did when i was at school [IV:XX] uber CS:S clan or any other game we pwn all (was another excuse to get together and have lan parties)

heartofalion28

heartofalion28

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
yea wow and that actually sounds intelligent and i guess RPG's help us develop our logic and strategical thinking (as do FPS) i am not a fan of FPS but i dont mind playin em. Wow thanx warriorscot any other input would be wonderful.

Lion