Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Zone Alarm Pro

• Please log in to reply

chimchim

chimchim

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Does anyone have the Zone Alarm Pro Fierwall????
After the last update I keep getting the following everytime I turn on my
computer(see attachment). I always click on deny but don't save my choice
because I don't know if I sure actually allow this or not.
When I clicked on more info it said the following:
NVIDIA Driver Helper Service, Version 56.72 is trying to create a new process.
The current security setting for NVIDIA Driver Helper Service, Version 56.72 does not permit this action, or else ZoneAlarm Pro is asking you whether you wish to allow this behavior or not. Your computer is safe.
What should I do?
If NVIDIA Driver Helper Service, Version 56.72 needs to create a new process in order to function correctly and you know what this program is, then give it permission. If it does not need to create a process, or you know that a process should not be created, then deny it. If you are unsure, you can always deny it from creating a process and run the program again, if it is required.
Why?
NVIDIA Driver Helper Service, Version 56.72 is potentially malicious. This is particularly true if the new process will load malicious programs or utilize an excessive amount of CPU time, memory, and other resources.
Is it ok to permanently allow this or should I permanently deny this????

Attached Thumbnails

• dangerous.jpg

Advertisements

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts

Welcome to the Zone Labs User Forum

Zone Labs knows that some of our customers are having issues with the upgrade to ZoneAlarm 6.0, and is working hard to fix the situation.

The cause appears to be related to the upgrade process, not the application itself. Therefore, we recommend users experiencing difficulties uninstall any prior version of ZoneAlarm (v.2.x - v.5.x) residing on their computer system and do a clean installation of their new ZoneAlarm 6.0 product.

We sincerely apologize to any customers affected and appreciate your patience.

My friend just had to do a reformat because of it causing so many problems.. Yikes!

:tazz:

Excal

dyserq

dyserq

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Just close zone alarm pro ...
I would recommend that you uninstall it actually ... seeing as though it is a good firewall, it does contains lots of bugs and need very frequent patches
For example, i myself have used zone alarm pro and have owned it but it denied access to a networked computer, a basic function that all firewalls should have already configured, yet this one does not function properly
Your best bet is just to stay with SP2 firewall

Edited by dyserq, 12 August 2005 - 04:00 AM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
These are alternatives

http://www.filehippo...ware/firewalls/

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts

Your best bet is just to stay with SP2 firewall

View Post

Your advice is very unsound. The Windows Firewall (even with SP2 present)
is only a 'one-way' firewall which monitors incoming traffic only. Even the free
version of ZoneAlarm is a two-way firewall which monitors traffic coming in and going out. As such it is far superior in protecting against data leaving your PC without your knowledge. Staying with the Windows Firewall is definitely not the best bet my friend.
If ZoneAlarm is not to your liking there's the equally effective and free Sygate.