Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Radeon X700 Pro

• Please log in to reply

Lucharchan

Lucharchan

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am some what savy with PC's and I do tech support for comcast HSI, but I am having a bit of a problem with my GDDR3 PCIe Radeon X700 Pro 256 MB video card, I bought one and exchanged it thinking it was the card but I am still having the same problem. I pressed f2 and went to BIOS settings and changed if from auto to PCIe but still my PC isnt detecting the Video Card just the same Intel video card. I installed the cd that came with it, I also tried picking the drivers off the cd but it wouldnt let me click next after selecting the drivers. Couldnt find the video card in device manager either and even tried refreshing it, Any ideas?

Gateway 504GR
1 PCIe slot x16 lane
1 PCI slot
1.54 GB Ram
200 GB harddrive
Windows XP SP2

The Feed from the video card to my LCD also comes up with a No Signal on the output.

Edited by Lucharchan, 12 August 2005 - 12:00 AM.

Advertisements

HQZ

HQZ

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I think the problem could be that you still have your onboard video adapter enabled. Did you try disabling it from the Control Panel/ Device Manager, after that just reboot and make sure the monitor is connected to the PICe card

Lucharchan

Lucharchan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ya, I have already diabled the Onboard motherboard through the device manager but the problem is the new video card doesnt show in display adapters.

Stasiek

Stasiek

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
try this, turn video on bios to auto detect, take out the card boot pc up as normal making sure regular video drivers load fine, turn off, insert new video card boot up as normal and see if it gets detected?

i know it sounds stupid but i had a similar thing happen to me with my bios auto detect and agp card, i did what i just wrote down and for some odd reason my card was detected afterwards

sometimes the simplest things are overlooked