Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Network Bridge

• Please log in to reply

DogFaceBoy

DogFaceBoy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I don't really understand how this works completly. But I know you can do it.

I want to make a network bridge between my PC and my Xbox. I have a cross over cable. I also have Windows 2000. Would I need 2 Ethernet Cards in my Computer? If so, how would I setup a network bridge with Windows 2000? I know XP has a new feature where you can simply do that. But Windows 2000 I believe does not.

Could someone explain simply how you make a network bridge with 2 Ethernet Cards in the computer with Windows 2000?

^^^ simpler question.

Advertisements

SuperFocker

SuperFocker

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Yo Can You Tell Me How You NetWork Bridge With The Computer And Xbox... I Have Windows XP...

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
Another Geek Staffer gave me this link... I have followed it and I can view the saved game files, saved Music and I can transfer them back and forth (from Pc to Box).

What you're gonna need:

1 or 2 network cards ( NIC’s ) i'll being referring to them as NIC’s from now on.... you’ll need 2 if you want to be connected to the internet at the same time that you're connected to your xbox.

1 crossover cable. Very important you have a crossover cable. This is how you know if you have a crossover cable take the 2 male ends of the cable put them side by side. if the colored wire patterns are exactly the same it means you have the WRONG cable. You know if you have the right cable when the wires look mixed up or in a different pattern compared to other end.

An XBox running Eevolution X

A copy of Flashfxp.

What you need to do next is configure your computers IP address’s, so go into your computer network connections and go into the properties of the NIC that is connected to the internet. Select the option for assigning an IP address automatically.

Now for the NIC that is connected to the XBox. Go into the properties and select use the following IP.

Next, where it says IP address, enter: 192.168.0.1 Where it says Subnet Mask, enter: 255.255.255.0 ,and where it says default gateway enter 192.168.0.1

While still in the properties of the NIC click on the configure button, click on the advanced tab, then click on network media and set it to 10baseT full duplex.

Now your computer should be ready to go.

Now you want to start up Evolution X and go into the system settings and get your IP address. It's usually 192.168.0.3 or something like that. Make a note of it.

Now load up Flashfxp

Flash FXP:
1. Download this program
2. Open it up and click on “Site Manager” then click “new site”
3. Name the new site whatever you want, (My Xbox, Xbox, etc.)
4. Go to IP and enter the IP you got from Evolution X system setting menu
5. The port should always be 21
6. Your username and password will both be "xbox"
7. Hit the "Options" tab and click off passive mode COMPLETELY.
8. Now apply and then connect.

This is all you should have to do get it to work.

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
Heres the Link to get the correct version of EvoX... (software needed for the Network) read the tuturiol link on the bottom of the web page before doing anything else.

http://evox.xboxhackz.net/

NetworkAdmin

NetworkAdmin

• Pip
  • 5 posts
will Eevolution X allow you to get on x-box live?