Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Failed Network Adapter

• Please log in to reply

Cochise

Cochise

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm running XP Home, and trying to connect a Netgear DG814 (used previously on another PC). The setup connections seem fine and the lights are correct on the modem. But when I go to 'Network Connections', 'Local Area Connection' shows connected. Restarting the modem as instructed, however, changes the status to 'Limited or no Connectivity'

I recently reformatted and reinstalled WindowsXP, and used a supplied driver disc to download a Network Adapter - NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Controller. When I run Network Diagnostics it shows this adapter as 'failed' and the IP address as 'failed. Both Ethernet and SM Bus Controller drivers are also missing.

I am new to this and floundering. Any help gratefully received.

Advertisements