Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Reinstalling Windows

• Please log in to reply

jack thompson

jack thompson

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Im having various problems with my PC and have decided to reinstall windows as i have nothing of vast importance stored on my PC. Problem is im unsure how to reinstall it. Any help guys?

I would prefer it if someone could give me a step by step guide.

Thanks

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

No need to uninstall anything.. Just pop your XP cd into the system and re-boot.. XP is self-loading and you should see a screen saying "Boot from cd" press any key (or something like that)..

From there, just follow the prompts. Just make sure you use the option to delete all existing partitions first and then install XP..

Murray

jack thompson

jack thompson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Sorry to say this but i never recieved a XP disc with my PC, is there any other way to do it?

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
What is the make and model of your system?? Did you not get a Recovery/Restore cd??

Murray