Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

SpySheriff [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

marcus4309

marcus4309

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently managed to get that nasty spysheriff program onto my computer at work (no idea how it got there). This was on Wednesday, and I was working on cleaning up my PC and eventually ran out of time. I had Thursday off and now I came in this morning thinking I was going to have to spend a good chunk of the day gettin this thing off. Well, now I can't even boot up my computer...not even in safe mode. I can log in to our network, or onto the computer itself OK, but once it "loads" I get nothing but a blank screen...pressing ctrl+ alt+del and going into the task manager shows nothing that shouldnt be in there, although when I'm not in safe mode I can't even get into the task manager at all :-(

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated...I'm running XP Professional.

My only idea was to find the XP disk and repair from that...but I can't boot from a disk either, not even a floppy.

I'd love to post a hijackthis log, but ya know, I can't even get to my desktop so that's sort've not happening :-(

Advertisements

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go! :tazz: I'm kool808 and I will be helping you today.

If you are not able to run it through desktop or C:\HJT then you have to use the Task Manager, available through CTRL+ALT+DELETE then choose New Task.

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.