Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

help picking a video card

• Please log in to reply

battlefield nut

battlefield nut

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
i dont know its so hard to pick a video card

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It is a tricky thing to do, i just always go for the card that offers the best performance for as little money as possible. This way it will last a little while but wont be too much of a wrench to replace it eventually.

battlefield nut

battlefield nut

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
i carnt think of any thing ells what do you think is beter a geforce 6800 256mb not gt or get dual geforce 6600gt 128mb im going to get one of them what do you think is beter

twister3634

twister3634

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hey! As What I Can See You Have A 300-400$ Price Range... Well I Have A Evga 7800 GTX :tazz: :) But For That Amount I Would Go With 6800 GT 256 Mg Look At It http://pcclub.com/pr...itemno=A9630831 Only 390$ You Will be Able To RUN ANY GAME Out On High Settings With This Card Hope I Helped <3 Twister3634

battlefield nut

battlefield nut

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
i just see the geforce 7800 gt is it woth itits not the gtx its gt for like 600$

battlefield nut

battlefield nut

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
i just see the geforce 7800 gt is it woth itits not the gtx its gt for like 600$

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
go with Nvidida 6800ULTRA if you want a low priced card get a ATI X800 :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well the 7800GT is almost as capable as the 7800, they are studiply expensive cards and arent even half as good as nvidia said they were goin to be. The only game that a 6800GT or x800xl cant play on full at decent resolutions is chronicles of riddick and the 7800GTX cant really do it either.

battlefield nut

battlefield nut

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
so your saying the geforce 7800gt is not worth it

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Im saying if that if you are on a budget then no not really, they are overpriced even nvidia admot this but when they are asked they just say: yes they are expensive but people are paying that so we are just going to keep it like that. Its pretty ridiculous considering that all the ATI cards in the same range are alot cheaper. The 6800GT isnt to bad for the price it is the only nvidia high end card to have a decent price drop lately.

Advertisements