Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2003

• Please log in to reply

Michael Bishop

Michael Bishop

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
We have Windows XP on five of six computers and Windows 2000 on the other. Every computer has Outlook 2003. We all use the same e-mail address.

Not all of the e-mail messages are getting through to all the computers. The messages are not deleted from the server. In fact, we probably have 2,000 or more messages still on the server, but I will address this problem when our web site host geru returns from vacation.

Any thoughts on why some of the computers are not receiving all the messages would be appreciated.

Michael

I removed the e-mail address

Edited by Keith, 12 August 2005 - 02:59 PM.

Advertisements

uuings

uuings

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So I can think of a couple of things that might be happening. First is the spam filter. Its possible the messages are all going through, but if some have the spam filter on or set differently then different ones will "see" the messages in the inbox (look in the Junk folder).

There could be a rule that was sending all messages "from my boss" into the "boss" folder. And the rules are specific to the computer.

And its possible that the messages that are missing were deleted or filed away, so they are no longer in the inbox.

In either of these last 2 cases, you could also do a search through every location in the computer for one of the missing messages -- (ctrl+shift+F --> browse --> Scroll to the top of the choices & click all of the top level things --> then search).

If they are there, even in the deleted items folder, then you'll find them.

Hope that helps.

Michael Bishop

Michael Bishop

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thank you, uuing, for your help. It seems that the real problem was operator. Today I checked out the computer with a copy of your reply in hand and did everything that you suggested and I also noticed that all the e-mail that was on my computer was also on the "problem" computer. I think that the real issue is that the boss is expecting considerably more e-mail messages than we are receiving.

The information given is extremely valuable and will be used in the future. I have put it in the files for future use by me and anybody who comes after me.

Michael