Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

My PSGuard problem

• Please log in to reply

Jzrith

Jzrith

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
I've been a long time reader of this forum. And before I can tell you my problems, I must say that you're doing a great job helping people out and keep up the good work, please.
Anyways... I use a family PC and my dad's always been calling off Ad-Aware SE Personal and Spybot S&D. I've always argued back, but he's always never liked them until one day he was tricked into those "YOU'RE COMPUTER IS INFECTED" ads and downloaded the spyware, PSGuard! I've seen many of these topics in this forum before and I was led to www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial82.html .
I've done everything they've told me to do there but my PSGuard is still here on the loose. I know if I press uninstall in their folder, it won't do anything. I've already tried taking them out in Remove Programs/Add but it still shows up on my desktop, it keeps bookmarking itself in Firefox, it keeps remaking itself. Can someone please help me?

System security:
-Spybot Search & Destroy
-Ad-Aware SE Personal
-AVG Free Anti-Virus
-SpywareBlaster
and - Kerio Personal Firewall

Advertisements

Jzrith

Jzrith

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Sorry for the double post, I wasn't sure if anyone saw this topic or not...

Jzrith

Jzrith

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
bump